Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Weekend Happenings

Pin It Now!
This weekend was crazy busy. Not so much with scheduled events, but just with cooking and spring cleaning. Even yesterday was busy! That is why I write this on Tuesday during my break at work. I whipped up some fabulous food this weekend and I would like to share it all now that I have a chance to sit still for a second!
.

Saturday morning breakfast: turkey sausage, pancakes (recipe coming soon!), and fruit. Yum-o.

Saturday dinner: pan-seared sea scallops, fried sweet potatoes, and balsamic roasted asparagus. De-lish. Not sure why this photo looks so dreamy... :)

Sunday lunch: whipped up some tuna salad with my homemade mayo (will include step-by-step of what I put in my tuna salad very soon), mango and a pb&j cookie.

Monday lunch: turkey sausage, kiwi and pb&j cookie

Monday is shopping or "gathering day" (as in paleo hunting/gathering. *yuk yuk*) and I found these in the dried fruits section of Costco! They are dried figs - so tasty! Just like a fig Newton cookie, but gluten free! We snacked on some when I got home from shopping.  These will definitely be in my lunches this week!



When I got home yesterday Tom had done some pruning and brought in a bunch of flowers from our garden. I quickly threw this arrangement together and it looks kind of cool, right?



Another of my favorite things at Costco is their organic boneless chicken thighs...



I roast the chicken thighs in the oven with salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder (my super secret seasoning blend) and BOOM nummy protein to match with any fruit and veg! Last nights' dinner had a side salad of kale, maple dressing, raisins, pecans, and fried banana.

Whew! All caught up. Onward towards the remainder of Tuesday!

powered by Funnel

No comments:

Post a Comment