Saturday, April 6, 2013

Friday Date Night!

Pin It Now!
I'm so glad its Friday! I couldn't get out of work fast enough! This week has been so uber crazy busy its been hard to keep up on chores and to-do lists which is super frustrating.

This juice keeps me going. With my belated shopping trip this week I ran out of ingredients for a few days and had to go juiceless. Bummer. But I got back in the swing of things this morning and took my miracle elixir to work with me. Better than coffee any day. Plus, no sugar rush/crash!

This week was my week to choose our date location. I like to choose our date restaurants by not only food but by novelty. I decided on Red Hook brewery's restaurant because its fun, has beer flights, and is the last place Tom would have guessed we would go. When we got there, however the restaurant was closed for renovations! Gah! I had to think quick to come up with a plan B. I remembered there is a restaurant next to highway 520 that I see every day but am driving past too quickly to catch the name and have always wondered what it was. We headed over there and discovered Big Fish Grill ( I think that's the name of it? Shoot, already forgot). We ordered the grilled shrimp cocktail and Tom got an oyster shooter.

I ordered the shrimp tacos. The tortillas were corn and I subbed the beans for asparagus. Very filling and a little complex in flavor for my taste, but relatively tummy friendly.

Now we are back home and getting ready to watch Skyfall or Lincoln (or both! You never know!) with a couple glasses of Kestrel chardonnay. Happy Friday!

powered by Funnel

No comments:

Post a Comment