Wednesday, April 3, 2013

First BBQ of the year!

Pin It Now!
Work has been insane. So insane that I've barely had enough time to eat which makes my blood sugar drop and energy drain away. Thankfully I got an invite to a BBQ that would pick my spirits up!

My first meal of the day: macadamia nuts and Clementine's. Unfortunately the oranges had gone bad after being in my lunch box for a few days. Oops.

Small meal #2: kiwi and a hard boiled egg.

I met up with friends and had a lovely evening. The thing with parties that I forget is that not everyone eats like me. I think I'll try to bring veggies for dips instead of using the chips or bread that is offered. Once I start eating chips I just can't stop! And although it is delicious, it gives me such a headache! Worth it.

That being said,  I ate a ton of pita chips and hummus, a cheeseburger  pasta salad, green salad and teriyaki chicken and pineapple kebabs.  All very delish, but so not Paleo.  I vow to be better prepared next time! My problem is that I will not ever say no to food offered.  I'm like an alcoholic, but with food! Just say no. The truly sad thing is that I know exactly how each food is going to make my body react and I STILL eat it.  Happily. Until the next day. Ouch/Itch City. 

Going grocery shopping tomorrow afternoon and will stock up on all the regular Paleo-ness I typically buy and will be taking photos (if I can remember to) along the way.  I found a fancy new grocery app that I am going to try for the first time and am super-stoked about it.  More details tomorrow.



powered by Funnel

No comments:

Post a Comment