Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy (Belated) Gathering Day!

Pin It Now!
I think I made a huge mistake. I thought it would be a good idea to add my work email to my phone so I could stay on top of things when I'm not there. Well, I just took a peek at my inbox and my mind is racing. Maybe it really is better to completely disconnect from work at the end of the day...I'm not going to delete the email window, but keep it just to see how full it is.  I still would like to know how busy I'm going to be tomorrow.

Since Monday was Tom's birthday I missed my shopping day as it is normally planned. But I made up for it today! I only needed a fraction of what I normally do since I will be back to Monday shopping next week. With my shiny new phone at the ready I snapped some photos to summarize my Gathering Day excursion.

Cuties mandarins and the produce section. Love. Not a ton of organic produce here but good 'clean' foods like pineapple, mango, grapefruit, onions...sometimes strawberries, but I don't count on it.



I get my carrots here. There are two options for organic carrots: whole or baby peeled. I get the baby carrots because they do double duty with juicing and snacks. However, the babies are twice as expensive.  The price is justified in that they are truly ready to eat: no washing, cutting, peeling, time.  I buy two each week.



The worst part of Costco: the bakery section. So many temptations and smells abound.  Damn you, pastries!



Found these tasty morsels. All real ingredients, no sugar. 100 calories a link. Very tasty! Not organic, but neither is the bacon I get at Safeway.  These will take bacon's place for the week. Man, that was hard to say...



Found this. Going to make my own mayo and make tuna salad!



Tabasco. Enough said.



Loving macadamia nuts at the moment. A little goes long way - only a tiny cup gives you tons of calories, but also hold off my hunger for a long time.  I find these to be quite salty, so a nice side of fresh fruit serves to dampen the salt and fill me up until my next meal!  Highly suggest this little bit of decadence in you day.



All done!



Had to hit Safeway on the way home. $50! Didn't keep the receipt for some reason. Sorry.

And finally dinner of those sausages with sweet potato with Stubbs Natural BBQ sauce (contains sugar, but a girls gotta do...) and fresh pineapple.

powered by Funnel

No comments:

Post a Comment