Sunday, April 7, 2013

Homemade Paleo Mayo

Pin It Now!
I love the weekends! So much time to get things done, try new recipes, bake cookies, and relax.

I saw this recipe on theclothesmakethegirl.com and had to try it. Was sooo glad I did. I would highly suggest whipping up a batch and ditching the store-bought stuff that is made from soybean oils and other crap.



Place 1 egg and 2 tbsp lemon juice in the blender and let come to room temp for 45 mins.



Add 1/4 cup light olive oil (I got mine at Costco, of course), 1/2 tsp ground dry mustard, 1/2 tsp salt and blend on low for 30 seconds. With blender still on low add 1 cup more of light olive oil very slowly (should be the slowest drizzle you can manage).



This is the result! 100% identical to store-bought except I know exactly what's inside. Awesomeness for making tuna, chicken, or egg salad!  This was so easy I think I'm going to leave the blender out on the counter to whip up a batch whenever it's needed!

powered by Funnel

No comments:

Post a Comment