Thursday, March 14, 2013

Super Easy PB&J Cookies

Pin It Now!
WooHoo! It's almost Friday! I'm so ready for the weekend.

Last night Tom and I went to a local bar and grill to watch WSU play UW in men's basketball. If you missed it, it was a really good game!  When we eat out I try to eat according to what will least make by belly hurt, but sometimes my eyes are more powerful than my brain and I end up ordering what looks good without regard for my tum-tum.  I ordered myself a pair of super-tasty (breaded and fried) fish tacos. I almost always get them and they almost always hurt my belly. I know it's the damn sauce they put on them: a spicy ranch-style sauce.   But it's sooooooo good! I know that most restaurant sauces inevitably contain milk, soy or both. I've worked in food service enough to know this well.  I also know that soy turns me inside out.  It's the devil incarnate. Does that stop me from ordering those delicious saucy tacos (this needs to be the name of a taco truck, stat)? No. Needless to say I'll be taking a few probiotic capsules to get my gut back into shape. I'm in ouch-town. Boo.

Anywho, gut problems aside, one thing I've been trying to master is tummy-friendly desserts.  Not just any desserts though: EASY desserts.  I'm talking only a few ingredients, minimal steps and few dishes to clean.  I am far to lazy for complicated recipes, as you may have noticed.

A few weeks ago I spotted a pin for peanut butter cookies and decided to fiddle with it.  After three attempts I got it mastered, taste-test approved and ready to share.

Here's how it goes:

In a medium bowl add: 1 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup maple syrup and 1 egg. Mix with spoon (or whatever).

My favorite peanut butter is Adams crunchy.  It is less viscous and has a great, clean flavor.

Add 1 teaspoon baking soda.  Stir it up.

This addition/tweak makes all the difference: add 1/2 cup raisins. Stir.  They add a freshness to the cookie that is awesome! Almost PB&J-like.

Scoop out onto foil-lined cookie sheet one heaping tablespoon at a time. No oil/grease needed.  I always use foil to minimize dish washing. Again, I am lazy as all get-out. Shortcuts are my friend. 

Put on top rack in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. Let cool completely before removing from pan.

This recipe yields 12 cookies that are light, slightly chewy, cakey and fully addictive. So stinkin' easy to make! Seriously. Make these now. You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment