Wednesday, May 8, 2013

It's Been a While!

Pin It Now!
I can honestly say that I have no idea when my last post was.  Sure, I could look. But I won't, because it's only going to say what I already know: it's been a while.

I've been away because I was sick, busy, busy being sick and out of town.  I got that nasty cold that went around, but it's all cleared up and my hip pain has diminished enough that I've started pounding pavement again. To catch you up: in an attempt to 'cram' for my first 15k I ran 9 miles the weekend before the race 'cold-turkey' and in doing so I stressed something in my hip that was aggravated with every run.  So I had to hang up the sneaks for a bit.

Last week I decided I was going to get back to it.  I decided on a plan that starts with a 10 minute run and adds two minutes each consecutive run after that.  Today was a 16 minuter and no hip pain yet.  Hopefully I'm out of the woods.

As for food? I'm in a total cooking funk! Everything I make is just not quite right. Thus I don't have anything fabulous to post.  I did hit up Costco yesterday and found some sweet new snack items and I will post a peak into my lunch box soon.

Other than failing to post anything I have been eating out a lot and trying to stay within my guidelines and doing an OK job at it.  My favorite thing at a restaurant recently? Mousse-style pate at a french restaurant in Walla Walla and Angry Orchard hard cider at a beer festival in Leavenworth. So delicious. The cider is dangerous because it's so stinkin' refreshing you'd think it was apple juice!

Now that you're all caught up I swear I will start posting more regularly both on here and to my Flickr stream.

Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment