Thursday, July 5, 2012

Costco & Target Food 'Haul'

Pin It Now!
Apart from posting recipes and running tips, I also wanted to provide a shopping guide by documenting the goodies that follow me home on my Monday shopping trips.  Here it goes...

PRODUCE


When I shop I literally grab anything that looks good that day.  When it comes to produce, and especially fruit that will be snacks, you just can't go wrong.  The only thing to remember with Costco shopping is that you need to know how to cook the foods you are buying in multiple different ways (or not care about eating the same thing multiple times).

PROTEIN


On this trip I was asked not to purchase any chicken (we've had too much of it lately). The steaks will get separated and frozen, the pork loins separated and frozen, turkey bacon, wild salmon will get eaten immediately, and some of the eggs will get hard boiled as snacks and the other are for breakfasts and cooking.

SNACKS


I LOVE COFFEE.  I have tried, and failed, to live without it.  Here I have purchased coconut milk to replace creamer for the coffee (add in a little bit of agave syrup and it's pretty tasty). Pistachios are God's gift to snackers, and dried cherries are fabulous for boosting energy levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment